Saturday, May 5, 2012

#HAWMC Day 24: Health Mascot

#HAWMC Day 24: Health Mascot: Hipster Alice


For today’s prompt – give yourself, your condition, or your health focus a mascot. Is it a real person? Fictional? Mythical being? Describe them.


Bonus points if you provide a visual!


Rather than choose a mascot for a specific health focus, I’ve chosen to give myself a mascot, which will represent my blog. This makes much more sense, as my blog focuses on more than one health concern: 

Crohn’s/Fibromyagia/Depression/PTSD

and also, because it is a more holistic approach. I’d like to be seen as more than the disease/illnesses I have.






I have chosen the theme of Alice in Wonderland but with a few twists. I have a tumblr blog (which I need to update) which I titled “Alice in Crohnsland”. Thus, it makes sense
that my Health Mascot would be Alice. I also have a twitter account: @hipsteralice.

Therefore, as a way to unify my tumblr, twitter account, and this blog, I have chosen to utilize the picture from my twitter: Hipster Alice. In this way it is much more consistent, as I am recognized on twitter by both the Hipster Alice name and picture.


Do you think the creation of a mascot will enhance your blog and your writing? Did it help you to visualize your role as a Health Activist better?

It will enhance my blog in that it will make it recognizable to people who already know me and follow me on twitter.

@hipsteralice
April Blogger in Residency
Alice in Crohnsland for

http://www.whatthejules.com/april/338-hawmc-day-24-health-mascot-hipster-alice

No comments:

Post a Comment