Sunday, May 13, 2012

Chaos


Surrealist figurative paintings by Lori Earley
 * painting by Lori Earley




       “You must have chaos within you
         to give birth to a dancing star.”
                        ― Friedrich Nietzsche


I took a break from writing because the tone felt too dark. Writing has been a very cathartic experience, yet it is uncovering wounds which will take time to heal.


Lately I have been feeling so melancholic. Some days I will wallow in the dark thoughts, yet I must remember and try to also look towards the light. I may be a pragmatist but I am also an optimist. While I acknowledge the therapeutic benefit of allowing myself to be vulnerable, I don't want to just focus on the darkness. 


I was inspired both by the painting and the quote, to help me focus on the light as well. I don't want to get so lost inside myself, that I get lost in the darkness. It's good for me to get in touch with , and work through, whatever inner turmoil I may be experiencing. I can identify and work through them. The ultimate understanding is the duality: in sorrow, pain, grief, there too shall be healing, happiness. I have to remind myself that how I'm feeling is only temporary.



No comments:

Post a Comment