Saturday, May 5, 2012

#HAWMC Day 26: Health Tag Line

#HAWMC Day 26: Your world is too mainstream, so I made my own.


Health Tag Line:
Your world is too mainstream, so I made my own.





I love the idea of Hipster Alice, (in an ironic way, of course, or else she wouldn’t be a hipster!)


So what is a hipster and what the hell does that have to do with my health focus and my blog? Well, Hipsters are a group of posers who think of themselves as being too cool for mainstream society. They like to think that they are all about an underground movement. They are currently listening to music that you may hear in a few months. In reality they are trust fund kids who are not as cool as they think. Do I sound pretentious and dismissive of them? Wow, then I really am a hipster! See what I mean? Ha!


Anyway I “ironically” like the choice of Hipster Alice, as applied to the tag line : “Your world is too mainstream so I made my own.”


It is representative of me. Because I am displaced. I don’t fit in to society. As someone who is chronically ill and home bound I choose to take it upon myself to create a world that suits MY needs. I like this idea, because I feel empowered. This tag line can serve as a reminder to myself that it is okay to be different, to not fit in or have to adapt. Rather, I can focus on myself and in that way, aim to live a life on my terms. To be fearless. To be a nonconformist. I have suffered enough in my life. I faced death and survived. I have been given another chance at life. Why waste it by trying to fit into a mold? Why should I let societal norms dictate how I should behave? How I should be?


Hipster Alice scoffs at this and rejects this patriarchal society. She instead is learning to create a world tailored to her needs. Where it is ok to be herself (once she discovers who she really is). It is a safe world. Because it is HER world. She makes the rules.


Alice is me. Everyday I feel more empowered. And it’s all thanks to amazing people who validate and inspire me. I am gaining the strength and courage needed to create MY world. That is what my tag line represents.



@hipsteralice
April Blogger in Residency
Alice in Crohnsland for



http://www.whatthejules.com/april/343-hawmc-day-26-your-world-is-too-mainstream-so-i-made-my-own

No comments:

Post a Comment