Saturday, May 5, 2012

#HAWMC Day 13: 10 Things I couldn't live without

HAWMC Day 13: 10 things I couldn’t live without.


 

Here we go with another one of those difficult topics, writing about the top 10 things I can’t live without. I guess it’s good in that it helps me reflect on things that I rely on, on a daily basis, and which I may take for granted. As someone who is Chronically at Home (another term coined by the Chronically Awesome Jules) there are things I depend on to help me get through the day and which I may take for granted. In that context, I can then understand the purpose of this topic. Yes, I guess I am kind of rambling here because I am trying to make sense of this topic in order to facilitate the process of writing about it. I am THE most indecisive person. Ever. Therefore it it’s challenging to have to pick 10 things!


These are the 10 (plus or minus, I may cheat, just a tad, ha!) things that make my life ( as a Chronically Awesome Chronically at Home individual - say this 5 times fast, do it) easier. (Yes, I DID organize by categories, because I am anal like that, ha!)


Health Related:


  • my meds (duh)
  • coffee/caffeine (Without coffee and/or caffeine, there is NO way I can get out of bed, much less form a cohesive thought, I mean, look at what I’ve just written, THIS is *with* coffee, I rest my case!)
  • water (It is ESSENTIAL that I remain hydrated, not only because of the coffee but also because of my meds and my stoma. A trip to the ER for IV fluids? Do.not.want.)
  • *noticeably absent: food, because, I’m never hungry and I in fact, *can* live without it. *hangs head in shame* I know, I know, not good. *Kanye shrug* ha!




Educational/Entertainment/Coping tools:
  • Coping/SupportMy familyMy Crohnies/IBD’ers/Fellow Chronically Awesome Peeps: THESE are the individuals who “get” me the most, with whom I can express myself freely because they are my peers. My support group. <3Friends (twitter & in real life)
  • Service Providers (doctors/therapist)
  • my dog (don’t know if she counts as a “thing” but I can NOT live without my furreh babeh)
  • THIS should be NUMBER ONE!! Forget my meds, my furreh babeh, is my <3. That is all.


Educational/Entertainment/Coping tools:
  • laptop (this is basically an extension of my body. A vessel, if you will, which transmits my thoughts) Pen and paper? What is that? o.O
  • the internet- self explanatory
  • twitter - oh this is where all my friends whom I dearly love reside! <3
  • books- Because I love to read and I just *can’t* adapt to Ereaders. Not yet. Maybe never.
  • art (beautiful things to looks at) - I really love works of art. I admire artists and wish I had that talent. This is something which I must try. Most def.


Comfort items:
  • My dog (again, ha)
  • cell phone (even though I may not pick up or return calls, haha)
  • Oh, but I do text, and even w/new friends whom I’ve met on twitter! :)
  • warmth items (squeezing this in, yes I AM cheating, ha) such as: loose baggy sweats/warm blankets (confession: I own a slanket, which is like a snuggie, but better, Do NOT judge Me!)


Evaluation:

I love that I am now evaluating my list. Ha. It looks like I went over the 10 items (unless I combine twitter/ youtube/soundcloud with the internet, in which case I am at 10). Ok, so this list is not anything fancy. But to ME these “things” are ESSENTIAL! It’s interesting that I do in fact take these things for granted but AFTER today I shall no longer do so. I don’t think that saying “take for granted” is the right phrase becasue I am fortunate and greatly appreciate not only having the ability to even list 10 things that I consider MUST HAVE and CAN’T live without, but actually DO in fact HAVE these things. I give thanks today, at this very moment for having these items, which not only help make me comfortable, but give purpose and value to my life.


PS: HOW could I forget one of THE most important things? Maybe because it is new to my life, but of no less importance. And that is, MY blog! Something new to me, that I would not have had, were it not for the support and encouragement that I’ve received from Jules! Although today marks day 13 of my blog, it has become a very important part of my life. It IS my journal and I can’t imagine *not* blogging, as I am benefiting so much by doing so.


Ok, I have now officially gone past 10 items, but whatevs. Ha.


@hipsteralice
April Blogger in Residency
Alice in Crohnsland for

http://www.whatthejules.com/april/317-hawmc-day-13-10-things-i-couldnt-live-without

No comments:

Post a Comment