Saturday, May 19, 2012

May 19 is World IBD Day

 
 
Today is . Spread awareness about how 5 million people globally live w/ Disease and/or  ulcerative

As I wrote in  Letter to my 16 year old self  I have been living with Crohn's disease since I was 16 years old. It is my hope that we soon find a cure for both Crohn's and Ulcerative Colitis. Though today is "officially" World IBD Day, in MY world, it is EVERYday. May is recognized as Crohn's and Colitis Month. But for the 5 million of us, it is an everyday battle. I hope to continue to raise awareness, in the hopes that one day ,we will be able to eradicate these life-threatening, debilitating, invisible illnesses.


Until then,





*Resources:



 World IBD Day, led by patient organizations representing 36 countries on four continents, is officially celebrated on May 19.   World IBD Day

Crohn's and Colitis Foundation of America (in the United States)  CCFA
on twitter: @CCFA


And remember  ;)






No comments:

Post a Comment